Your privacy is very important to us. Please read the policy carefully to see how GDC Telecom (“GDC”) handles information in connection with GDC’s websites and the related mobile application and services (collectively, the “Services”).
GDC is headquartered in Mogosoaia, IF, Romania. If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), GDCis the controller of your personal data for the purposes of the EU’s data protection law.
What information do we collect?
GDC collects information about you, such as your name, email, address, contact details, and payment details. We only collect the personal information essential for providing you with the Services and only use your information only to ensure the fulfillment of the Services. You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that, without it, we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Throughout your use of the Services, we collect information in a number of ways. For example:
- We collect basic account information such as your name, email address, username and password, country of residence. This helps secure and provide you with access to our Services.
- When you make a payment on our Shop, you may provide payment information such as your payment card number or other payment details.
- We use the Payment Card Industry compliant third-party payment services and we do not store your credit card information.
- We collect and process your location information when you sign up for and use the Services.
- GDC allows you to sign up and log in to the Services using accounts you created with third-party products and services, such as Facebook or Google (collectively, “Third-Party Accounts”). If you access the Services using Third-Party Accounts, we will collect information that you have agreed to make available, for instance, your name, email address, profile picture and any other public information from the applicable Third-Party Account. This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to GDC under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy controls in your Third-Party Account.
- To help us provide you with the best possible service, you can choose to supply us with your contact information so we can respond to your support requests and questions promptly.
- The Services use log files. The information stored in those files includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and a number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer, protect and secure the Services, track member movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
How do we use your personal information?
GDC uses the information it collects and receives to manage and operate the Services. Your information is also used to set up and administer your account.
We use the information we collect about you to customize your experience, as well as to process payments, provide support related to the Services and enforce our Terms and Conditions. In addition, the information may be used to communicate with you (including to send marketing communications), where you have agreed to receive such messages and notifications.
We also use the information we collect to analyze, develop and improve the Services. To do this, GDC may use third-party analytics providers to gain insights into how our Services are used and to help us improve them.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
– To provide the Services and fulfill our obligations pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
– Where you have consented to the processing;
– Where it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
– Where it is necessary for the purposes of GDC’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our interests in protecting our members, and our commercial interests in ensuring the sustainability of the Services.
When do we share your personal data?
We may share information that identifies you in accordance with your preferences, as needed to run our business and provide the Services, as well as where required for legal purposes, as set forth below.
We may share your information with third parties who provide services to GDC such as supporting and improving the Services, promoting the Services, or processing payments. These service providers will only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information. We may also engage service providers to collect information about your overall use of the Services on our behalf so that we or they may promote GDC or display information that may be relevant to your interests.
Affiliates and Acquirers of our Business or Assets
We may preserve and share your information with third parties, including law enforcement, public or governmental agencies, or private litigants, within or outside your country of residence, if we determine that such disclosure is allowed by the law or reasonably necessary to comply with the law, including to respond to court orders, warrants, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory processes.
We may also retain, preserve or disclose your information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to prevent death or serious bodily injury, to address issues of national security or other issues of public importance, to prevent or detect violations of our Terms and Conditions, fraud or abuse, or to protect our operations, our property or other legal right, including by disclosure to our legal counsel and other consultants and third parties in connection with actual or potential litigation.
How do we secure your personal data?
We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission, and storage of data. Although we strive to protect your information in accordance with its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content. No system is 100% secure.
The Services use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology that allow the encryption of personal information. GDC engages providers that are industry leaders in online security, including Services verification, to strengthen the security of our Services. The Services are registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm GDC’s identity before any personal information is sent. In addition, GDC’s secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
While GDC continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and GDC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to GDC. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide you with and others the Services, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information.
Information associated with your account will generally be kept until it is no longer necessary to provide the Services or until your account is deleted.
If you have purchased a plan, we will keep your personal data for as long as your account remains active and the payments are made according to schedule.
If you have created a Voxmobility account but did not purchase any plan, your account will be automatically deleted a year after the last log in.
Your rights in relation to personal data
If you are habitually located in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights only apply in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
Access and Porting
You can access some of your information by signing into your account. If you require additional access, contact us through the in-app Customer Care section.
Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete
In order to rectify, restrict, limit or delete your information by logging into your account, please contact us through the in-site Customer Care menu or via Contact page.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to contact you for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Managing your settings
Adjust Notification and Email Preferences
Updating Account Information
You may correct, amend or update your profile or account information at any time by adjusting that information in your account settings. If you need further assistance correcting inaccurate information, please contact GDC through the Customer Care section.
Deleting Information and Accounts
To request your account to be deleted, access the Settings section. Once deleted, your data, including your account, will be kept for 72 hours, giving you the possibility to change your decision. After 72 hours have passed, your data will be completely deleted.
How to contact us?
In case you have questions or concerns about your privacy practices, your personal information, or if you wish to file a complaint, please contact us through the in-site Customer Care section or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit so we can understand how you use our site and serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
Linking to other websites / third-party content
We may employ third-party companies and individuals on our websites – for example, analytics providers and content partners. These third parties have access to your personal information only insofar as to perform specific tasks on our behalf, and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.